Terms And Conditions
- Unless prior to written agreement to the contrary these terms shall be incorporated as conditions of any order, quotation or contract by Area International UK Ltd.
- In the event of variation or suspension of work by the purchaser’s instructions or lack of instructions the contract price shall be adjusted accordingly upwards.
- Prices are based on the current net prices shown unless they are changed by specific agreement in writing. The current net prices are subject to change without prior notification on any products on the Area Studio website. In the event of cancellation by the purchaser Area reserves the right to claim the costs of any time and any other associated costs suspended as a result of the order being placed by the purchaser prior to cancellation occurring.
- Freight costs are to apply to all orders, if your order is under $10,000net please add 30% to the net value to include freight costs, orders over $10,000net please add 10% to the net value to include freight costs. This covers shipping for all orders to the United States of America.
- Notification of no delivery, shortages or breakages must be made in writing within 24 hours from receipt of goods. The risk in the goods shall pass on delivery to the purchaser.
- Shipment for large items incurs additional freight charges, items classified for these additional charges are 'Lounge Chairs, Sofas, Love Seats, Tables and Side Boards'. The additional charge is $149net per item and will be automatically added onto the total net value of an order.
- No monetary refunds will be given and no consequential losses will be claimable. Within 28 days of discovery by the purchaser of any defects in the goods supplied by Area the purchaser must make a written request for replacements, failing which no replacement will be made.
- Where the purchaser requires Area to supply goods made with material supplied by the purchaser made by the purchaser the period by which such goods should be delivered and produced will commence from receipt of such material and deposit and time shall not be of the essence.
- Area shall not be held responsible where the purchaser arranges his or their own transport before a period for delivery is agreed and any consequential costs as a result thereof will be payable by the purchaser.
- Production by Area will not commence until cleared funds are received as agreed by both parties.
- Area will be entitled to assign, subcontract or sublet any contract.
- All contracts will be construed and operate in accordance with the law in England & Wales.
- Goods supplied by Area will remain the sole and absolute property of Area as legal and equitable owner until such time as the purchaser shall have paid to Area the full amount of the price of the goods together with the full price of any other goods and the subject of other contract with Area.
- Notwithstanding that the goods shall remain the sole and absolute property of Area the purchaser shall assume the risk in the goods and shall insure to the goods for their full market value.
- The purchaser acknowledges that it is in possession of the goods solely as a fiduciary for Area until the purchaser becomes the owner of the goods. In the event that the purchaser sells the goods the purchaser acknowledges that the entire proceeds of sale as a result of such sale are held in trust for Area and shall not be mingled with other monies paid into any overdrawn bank account and shall be at all times identifiable as Area’s monies.
- Area does not accept any responsibility for electrical or work installation which Area’s own personnel do not supervise. All electrical installations must be undertaken by a competent qualified electrician.
- Products containing the purchaser’s own material will not carry a warranty on the material. These materials are subject to the original manufacturers warranty only.
- Order cancellation following receipt on an official purchase order, following a 24 hour period and before payment has been made is liable for 100% of the net value of the order.
- Products incorrectly ordered by the purchaser, no refunds will be given.
- Samples are all chargable unless agreed with the rep group for large quantities or projects.
- Product Net Cost does not include installation or removal of packaging.
- Area Studio will only use fabrics which are currently illustrated on the website, this may change without prior notification on any product.
- Area International (UK) Limited / Area Studio will not be liable for financial penalties resulting in the late delivery of orders. Also, is not responsible for any costs incurred for hire of furniture, labour, packaging costs or freight costs.
- Area International (UK) Limited / Area Studio will not be held responsible for late deliveries due to freight forwarder delays, custom clearance or bad weather conditions.
- Warranty of products will be invalid if resold within a 12 month period of original sale.
- Fabrics used on products could vary and could be shades different if re-ordered, no guarantee can be given that the fabric will be the same on one order or re-order.
- Minimum Order Value of $2000net for Order Delivery, if below the value of $2000net orders cannot be processed.
Area International UK Limited / Area Studio warrants that its manufactured products come with a 12 month warranty, which will be upheld as long as products are used for their intended use. If products are misused or used excessively this could become invalid.
Fabric: See manufacturer’s specification for details. Please contact the Sales Department if you require it to meet a higher specification.
Foam: Combustion modified high resilience foam resists ignition source BS 5828 Part Two.
Care of Products
Periodic maintenance is necessary to ensure long term durability and customer satisfaction. All products should be closely inspected each month. If any item shows any sign of structural failure it should be taken out of service immediately.
- Clean Chrome with a good grade Chrome cleaner to maintain bright finish. Occasionally Chrome leakage can occur on products that have just been delivered – again clean with cleaner to eliminate.
Epoxy Powder Frames
- Clean using a damp cloth with a mild solution of soap and water.
- Need to be inspected and replaced if worn
Wood Seating and Tables
- Wood is a natural product and owes its inherent beauty to the variations in colour, texture and grain which are not considered defects. Because of this, Area cannot guarantee the exact matching of any of the wood items. Area is also not able to guarantee matching of colours between batches, as wood ages naturally through time and exposure to sunlight.
- A thorough inspection should be made monthly to ensure that the joints have not become too loose. Take out of service immediately if this has occurred. Joints may become loose when people continually rock back and forth. Wood can be cleaned with a water soluble solution to remove build-up of grease and grime (remove any excess water immediately). Wood products should not be subjected to extreme temperatures, particularly heat, moisture and direct sunlight.
- When cleaning fabrics please take professional dry cleaning advise beforehand.
- Can be cleaned with a mild saddle soap.
- Clean with a soft damp cloth and mild detergent solution. Do not use abrasive cleaners.